Friday, September 19, 2008
Spain and Suffering
From 23/6: New York comedian Katie Halper has some ideas as to why John McCain might've snubbed Spanish Prime Minister Zapatero.
McCain doesn't want to meet with Zapatero because...
1) the Spanish Prime Minister promotes the Homosexual agenda through his "curious" lisp and his legalization of gay marriage.
2) he doesn't want to encourage more Spanish people to sneak across our borders and steal our jobs, replacing hamburgers with paella, square dancing with flamenco and baseball with bullfighting.
3) he was unclear whether the reporter was talking about THE Zapatero or a zapatero, and McCain thinks it's a little below him to commit to a meeting with his cobbler.
4) he still hasn't forgiven Spain for the inquisition, which he remembers losing friends to, and which haunts him to this day.
5) as a skin cancer survivor, McCain resents Spain's pro sun propaganda.